Sweat stains are a real problem, especially in summers. Whether you got them while working out or you simply run a bit hot, those stains on your clothes could ruin your outfit and mood. You toss on your favorite tee only to notice later the dreaded yellowing accompanied with bad odor at the armpit area – that’s something we all have faced during hotter seasons. Well, fret not! We might be able to help you save your favorite t-shirt or shirt with some simple tricks.
Take note that the below methods are for durable and washable fabrics. For fragile fabrics like silk, wool, or cashmere, we suggest you consult our experts at our laundry in Dubai.
Removing Sweat Stains From White Clothes
Getting yellowish stains on your white clothes could be the worst thing that could happen. Stains could be more visible in white clothes which is surely a huge spoiler for you. You would never wish your white clothes to become non-usable due to a simple stain. Well, we are here to your rescue.
What do you need –
1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide, 1 cup of white vinegar, 1/2 cup of baking soda, 2 cups of warm water, and regular detergent.
Steps you need to follow:
- Take a bowl and pour white vinegar and warm water into it
- Put the stained part of the affected cloth in the bowl and let it soak for half an hour
- Now take another bowl and mix the remaining ingredients (hydrogen peroxide, salt, and baking soda) in it until a good paste is formed
- Take out the cloth from the water and vinegar solution and squeeze the affected area to remove excess water
- Apply the paste to the affected area and let it dry for a quarter-hour
- Lastly, wash the cloth normally, and voila! The stain will be gone.
Removing Sweat Stains From Colored Clothes
Removing sweat stains and bad odors from colored clothes is as simple as with white clothes, but there is one significant change. Do not use hydrogen peroxide for treating colored clothes as that would do more harm than good as it would ruin the color of the cloth completely.
What do you need –
Vinegar, cold water, and regular detergent
Steps you need to follow
- In a bowl, mix vinegar and cold water and soak the stained area of the cloth in it for half an hour
- Squeeze excess water from the affected part and run normal water to the stain
- Rub the stained part against itself using both your hands and the stain will eventually loosen up
- Wash the cloth normally and just like that you will be able to restore the freshness
You could also treat the stain with the paste of salt, baking soda, and water just as we have suggested for white clothes if required. Just remember that you cannot use hydrogen peroxide here.
Stains in the armpit area of your clothes could be a result of sweat or even your aluminum-based deodorant. Either way, you could follow the above steps to effectively remove the stains and restore the freshness of your favorite clothes.
If you have got severe stains to combat and you do not want to go through the hassle of figuring out a way to remove it, then you could always search ‘laundry near me’ and you will have a myriad of options right at your fingertips.
Professional cleaners at Image Laundry will make the process of stain removal a breeze for you. So, if you are looking for any kind of laundry service, you are more than welcome to reach out to us at any time.