Ketchup and chocolates are staple foods found in every home. But they get messy if there is an accidental spilling. Whether they’re enjoyed by infants or grown-up adults, there are always chances of dropping them on clothes and causing a stain. If not treated instantly or left for a long time, the stain could spoil the garments and make them unusable. But don’t worry, you can remove those nasty stains from your clothing with these stain removal tips.
Kethcup adds taste to burgers, and fries. But their stains can be irksome. Luckily, you can remove them and save your favorite dress with these steps.
- Wipe the spilled ketchup from the fabric with a napkin or a towel.
- Turn the garment inside out and wash it with cold water under a tap. This will push the ketchup out of the fabric.
- Apply liquid detergent and rub the stained area of the fabric gently.
- Soak the garment in a bucket of warm water. After 30 minutes of soaking, rinse the detergent.
- Use a sponge and apply a mild bleaching agent on the stain.
- If the stain still persists, apply detergent and bleaching agent again
- Spray a commercial stain remover and leave it for minimum five minutes. Wash the stain as per the instructions on the label.
- When the stain has completely gone, put the garment into the clothes dryer.
Just remember not to spread or make the ketchup stain bigger by dabbing or bloating it. In case you’re using a washing machine, check it for pre-soak setting.
Chocolates, whether solid or in a melted form are irresistible to both children and adults. They are best to pamper anyone irrespective of his or her age. But when spilled on clothes they leave stark brown stains. To tackle chocolate stains, follow these steps.
- Remove the spilled chocolate from the fabric with a butter-knife. Avoid using any sharpedge item to protect the fabric from a cut or damage. While removing it, take care that you don’t spread the stain to the cleaner parts of the garment. In case the chocolate stain has dried and hardened, don’t try to peel off. This will only damage the fabric. When something is causing an adverse effect, it’s better to stop it, and try another method.
- Rinse the stain from the back of the fabric with cold, running water. This will avoid the stain from spreading. Don’t use hot or warm water since the oily protein-based components will deepen the stain.
- Apply a liquid laundry detergent or a liquid dish soap on the stain. Rub the stained area gently in a circular motion. Soak the garment in cold water for 15 minutes with the detergent on the stain. After every five minutes, rub the stain with your thumb or fingers to loosen it. Then rinse the stained area thoroughly.
- If the stain is still visible, use a commercial strain remover
- Launder the garment as per instructions on the care label. When the stain is completely removed, tumble-dry it.
If you’re not using your favorite dress because of ketchup or chocolate stain, these laundry tips will help you get rid of them. You can protect and make your clothes just like they were when you purchased them. However, if the stains are older, dried, and hardened, take help of a professional laundry in Palm Jumeirah like Image Laundry. Whether the stains are on washable or non-washable fabrics, leathered upholstery, carpets, rugs, etc., you will get premium laundry in Motor City with pick up and drop off facilities.
If nothing works, call for pick up and drop laundry service in Discovery Gardens. A professional cleaner can deal with stubborn stains using the right kind of products and techniques. Specialist laundry cleaners like ImgLaundry use soft, effective, and innovative vegetable-based products for treating stains on silk. Moreover, they don’t use any unnecessary pressure, heat, and apply tricks most suitable for the type of stain.